Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Unconditional Love


My mother-in-law will be celebrating her birthday tomorrow.

I can’t just let this birthday slip without doing something a little superfluous. I’ve spent hours trying to form out the best way I can show my mother in law HOW MUCH I appreciate her. Conversely, all I can come up with is this letter.

I have no scheme why it was so difficult to write this letter to her. Maybe it’s because I couldn’t find the right words? I wasn’t able to excavate the words that are big enough or good enough to describe and express what she means to me …. to us. I spent hours trying to write this letter to her and I think it still falls terribly short of my intentions. Nonetheless, here it is…

Happy birthday Mama!!!


I wish you all the best, a long life full of happiness and peace. I'm so blessed to have a wonderful, caring, supportive, sweet, and affectionate mother in law like you. I want to use this day as an opportunity to tell you exactly how much we love and care for you. How much we respect you. And just how grateful I am…to have a second mom like you.

As I stare you, I see just like my mother. I perceive an incredibly smart, funny, talented, loving, courageous, beautiful woman who is beyond dedicated to her family and most especially to Papa Bogart. You are an exceptional role model, which has made your sons' endeavor to be a better person.

Thanks for your unconditional love to my two angels (Portia and Maxie)

I don’t think I will ever be able to thank you enough for all that you do, have done, and will certainly continue to do.

I don’t know where in the earth you found the remarkable strength to deal with all of life’s challenges you’ve had to face. I will never understand how you managed to tackle, handle, correct, every single one of those challenges with such style and grace.

It is a gift to have a mother in law like you.

Happy Birthday Mama Alice!!! We love you….



No comments:

Post a Comment